Anderson Valley Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales Team Opening:
Pacific Northwest – Area Sales Manager
Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington based
Anderson Valley Brewing Co. of Boonville (Mendocino County) CA, a pioneer of the American craft brewing industry since 1987, is adding a sales position in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington based).
The area sales manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Anderson Valley Brewing portfolio within a multi-state territory. Key responsibilities will include managing the Anderson Valley distributor network, including sales goal achievement, pricing, distribution targets, promotions, trade execution and chain activity. Responsibilities will also include building key relationships within all classes of the retail trade.
- At least three (3) years sales experience with a brewery or beer importer, or three (3) years sales and management experience with a beer distributor
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows operating systems; knowledge of VIP reporting software a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Skilled at public speaking and comfortable addressing large groups
We are seeking a candidate that is highly motivated, a self-starter, well organized, energetic, and passionate about craft beer. Candidate must also be able to lift cases and draft containers and have a valid driver’s license with an exemplary driving record.
A flexible schedule is a must, as this position will include evening and weekend sampling events, promotions and festivals. Candidates must also be comfortable with travel and overnights.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Team Opening:
Southern California – Area Sales Manager
Anderson Valley Brewing Company is adding a sales position in the Southern California region. The Area Sales Manager will work with AVBC management to achieve company goals. Details for job duties; responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all sales goals.
- Responsible for developing a relationship with our distributors management and employees.
- Responsible for setting up, attending and overseeing various promotions in assigned sales territory (bar promos, beer festivals, off-premise store promos, Etc.).
- Responsible for establishing new business in on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Responsible for fostering relationships with existing key on-premise and off-premise retailers.
- Responsible for working with distributor employees to capitalize on sales and distribution opportunities.
- Responsible for planning and participating in regular distributor sales meetings (general sales meetings, regional breakout meetings, Etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Multiple years of sales experience in the beverage industry (brewery or distributor experience) preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Anderson Valley Brewing Company and AVBC beers preferred.
- Detail oriented, possessing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks, with reasonable time management.
- Ability to analyze sales data (experience with VIP – iDIG preferred).
- Ability to develop and execute a market plan, an incentive plan and sales plans.
- Valid drivers license required
- Reliable vehicle, with up to date insurance required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Is comfortable participating in social media, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Etc.
- Auto allowance
- Phone allowance
- Medical (available with pre-tax contribution)
- 401k (available with pre-tax contribution)
We are seeking a candidate that is highly motivated, a self-starter, organized, energetic, and passionate about craft beer. A flexible schedule is a must, as candidates will be required to travel throughout the Southern California region. Responsibilities will include evening and weekend sales and events. Candidate must also be able to lift cases and draft containers.